18 September 2011

Travel without moving

Scrabbles from my initial brainstorming session.

Throughout this summer, I had been lucky enough to take in numerous museums, art exhibitions and events in several countries. Many of the presented works were wondrous on the whole, to say the least, I was vastly inspired by some exhibition designs from lighting, frames, showcases to the uses of spaces. Therefore, I would like to dedicate my semester in this course to explore new possibilities of exhibition design, in other words, seek and evaluate inventive and interactive approaches for public installations by mixing real and 3D moving imageries.

On that note, my initial ideas are;

Pop-up book:
Utilizing the concept of paper pop-up books, an empty book displays 3D moving imageries each time someone turns a page.

Product installation:
3D product animation replaces an actual product and displays interactively in a box.

Fashion showcase:
3D product animation replaces an actual garment and a model.

No comments:

Post a Comment